Snorkel with giant Whale Sharks in the ocean.
This tour leaves from CANCUN. If you are staying on Isla Mujeres, click here.
Whale Sharks are not whales. They are sharks, but these giant sharks don't even have teeth! They filter planton as they skim the surface of the ocean with their mouths wide open.
This gives us as humans a unique opportunity to get up close to the largest shark on earth. Snorkel beside the amazing whale sharks for an unforgettable experience.
*UPDATE: The season will end mid-September.
- Transportation from any hotel in the Cancun Hotel zone to the marina round trip
- Continental breakfast
- Safety and regulations briefing
- Whale Shark Swim (equipment included)
- Visit to Playa Norte beach
- Refreshments (water and soft drinks)
- Fresh Ceviche and Sandwiches
- Whale Shark swimming diploma
- We remain in the area for almost 2 hours where you will be able to swim with this gentle giants and maybe even giant Manta Rays, Dolphins and turtles!
- Each pair of snorkelers gets to go out with the Whale Sharks for 5-10 minutes at a time, until everyone gets a turn. Each person will have 2-3 dives
|Adult Rate: $159 USD
Child Rate: $159 USD
- This is a unique tour in the world, near Isla Contoy we will find the largest concentration of Whale Sharks in the world, making this area the Whale Shark capital of the world.
- If you want to go on the boat, but not snorkel, it is the same price per person.
- If you don't swim well, the guide can snorkel with you and hold your hand
- Suggested minimum age: 4 years old
- Not for pregnant women
- DISCLAIMER: Snorkeling is not for everyone. You should not snorkel if you have any of the following: Heart condition, pace maker, asthma, poor circulation or high blood pressure. You CAN snorkel, but at your own risk.
- After your dive, we will also take you to beautiful Isla Mujeres to Playa Norte where you will get to relax and snorkel, as well as have some delicious Ceviche
- Does NOT include $20 USD Dock and Preservation Federal Tax per Person. This needs to be paid at check in.
About Whale Sharks: The whale shark is the biggest shark and the biggest fish. It is NOT a whale. It has a huge mouth which can be up to 4 feet wide. This enormous shark is a filter feeder and sieves enormous amounts of plankton, krill, small fish, and squid to eat through its gills as it swims. The shark can process over 1500 gallons (6000 liters) of water each hour. Whale sharks are slow swimmers, going no more than 3 mph (5 kph). Whale sharks are harmless to people and usually indifferent to divers. This shark swims slowly near the surface, consuming small crustacean plankton and small fishes. Plankton is it's main source of food.
Cancellation Policy & Details
- All prices are in US Dollars
- Tours require 48 hours notice for cancellation or change.
- Tours that are cancelled prior to 48 hours prior to the tour time will be issued a credit, good for 1 year from date of Purchase.
- Tours that are cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the tour time will be considered a NO SHOW and no credit will be issued.
- Do not assume a tour is cancelled by rain. Only the tour operator determines if a tour is cancelled due to weather. That is not up to us. It rains here very often and rain will not stop most tours.
- To Cancel: Call us local in Cancun 998-273-2970 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your tour is cancelled by the tour operator for any reason, including weather, you will receive a full credit.
- To Change: You can change the date of any tour without penalty by calling us 48 hours in advance.
- Here is all of our Contact Info
- **Credit will be issued for cancellation of travel plans for reasons such as, but not limited to, weather/climate conditions such as hurricanes, earthquakes, pandemics, or by acts of government (war, civil disturbances, strikes, travel bans/travel advisories etc.) In the case of these events, you will be issued a FULL CREDIT.