Snorkel with giant Whale Sharks in the ocean.
This tour leaves from ISLA MUJERES. If you are staying in Cancun or the Riviera Maya, click here.
Whale Sharks are not whales. They are sharks, but these giant sharks don't even have teeth! They filter planton as they skim the surface of the ocean with their mouths wide open.
Get up close to the largest shark on earth. Snorkel beside the amazing whale sharks for an unforgettable experience.
- Continental breakfast
- Snorkel Equipment & life jacket (mandatory)
- Tour Guide
- Snorkel tour to the Coral Reef
- Refreshments (water, soda)
- Light lunch of sandwiches & fresh ceviche
- Reef Tax & Dock fee included
- It is also very common to also see sting rays, angel rays and sea turtles.
The tour only takes 10 swimmers out per boat. It is 45-60 minute boat ride to where the Whale Sharks are located. If you want to go on the boat, but not snorkel, it is the same price per person.
2020 SEASON is open now.
Because of COVID-19 regulations, this tour has been modified to reduce the number of people per boat. Please email us for a quote here.
- Wet suits can be rented for $10 USD
- Tour Time: 8:00 AM at Bally Hoo Restaurant Pier (Muelle 7) on Isla Mujeres
- Return time approx 1:15 PM
- If you don't swim well, the guide can snorkel with you and hold your hand
- Suggested minimum age: 5 years old
- Not for pregnant women
- DISCLAIMER: Snorkeling is not for everyone. You should not snorkel if you have any of the following: Heart condition, pace maker, asthma, poor circulation or high blood pressure. You CAN snorkel, but at your own risk.
- Each pair of snorkelers gets to go out with the Whale Sharks for 5-10 minutes at a time, until everyone gets a turn. Each person will have 3-4 turns
- If there are less than 5 Whale Sharks in the area, we are only allow to observe (not snorkel with them)
About Whale Sharks: The whale shark is the biggest shark and the biggest fish. It is NOT a whale. It has a huge mouth which can be up to 4 feet wide. This enormous shark is a filter feeder and sieves enormous amounts of plankton, krill, small fish, and squid to eat through its gills as it swims. The shark can process over 1500 gallons (6000 liters) of water each hour. Whale sharks are slow swimmers, going no more than 3 mph (5 kph). Whale sharks are harmless to people and usually indifferent to divers. This shark swims slowly near the surface, consuming small crustacean plankton and small fishes. Plankton is it's main source of food.
Cancellation Policy & Details
- All prices are in US Dollars
- Tours require 48 hours notice for cancellation or change.
- Tours that are cancelled prior to 48 hours prior to the tour time will be issued a credit, good for 1 year from date of Purchase.
- Tours that are cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the tour time will be considered a NO SHOW and no credit will be issued.
- Do not assume a tour is cancelled by rain. Only the tour operator determines if a tour is cancelled due to weather. That is not up to us. It rains here very often and rain will not stop most tours.
- To Cancel: Call us local in Cancun 998-273-2970 or email us at email@example.com.
- If your tour is cancelled by the tour operator for any reason, including weather, you will receive a full credit.
- To Change: You can change the date of any tour without penalty by calling us 48 hours in advance.
- Here is all of our Contact Info
- **Credit will be issued for cancellation of travel plans for reasons such as, but not limited to, weather/climate conditions such as hurricanes, earthquakes, pandemics, or by acts of government (war, civil disturbances, strikes, travel bans/travel advisories etc.) In the case of these events, you will be issued a FULL CREDIT.